Electrical Amps

One of the most frequent questions that both new home buyers and persons considering a house renovation ask is to go with 100 or 200 Amp service for the home.

If you don't have any 220 volt electricity hogs, such as electric heat, hot water tank, dryer, range or central AC a 100 amp service for a modest size home will serve most families. But this is the minimum service size leaving little room for future expansion.

Adding an additional cost to installing a 200 amp service over a 100 amp service at the time of construction will be a more cost effective option then changing the service in the future.

You should carefully consider your electrical load requirements both for today and for the foreseeable future and install the appropriate service. You can calculate you load requirements.

Another thought to consider, when selling the house it may be easier sell and or receive a greater price whereby earning back your cost of the 200 amp service.

Let us assist you in your renovation or new build project.